Protection of Personal Information
The Chief Public Health Office and the Health Promotion Unit, in the Department of Health and Wellness, Government of PEI is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIPP) which governs the collection of all personal information handled by the Government of Prince Edward Island.
Whether you are browsing for information or conducting business with the Government of Prince Edward Island, your information is personal and must be protected. You also have the right to be informed how and why we collect, use and share your personal information.
Collection of Personal Information
It is intended that this website can be used anonymously. However, for some functions, the collection of personal information is necessary or unavoidable.
Examples of where it may be necessary or unavoidable for Health Promotion to collect your personal information via the website may include when you or another person:
- submit electronic forms via the website
- respond to an online survey which we have conducted on this website
- provide any email, comment, question or request to us on this website
- participate in any competition or challenge (including but not limited to consultations, research projects, and funding programs) we may run from time to time on this website
- conduct e-commerce transactions with a department or agency
- click through to the website from any email from Health Promotion (Live Well PEI) or
- subscribe to receive newsletters, participate in live forums, or other services on the website.
In most cases, you will know if we are collecting your personal information because you will be asked to provide it. Information is collected in compliance with the FOIPP Act to fulfill the stated purpose for which it was originally collected. Your personal information is disclosed only to the authorized personnel who need it to process and respond to your request.
The standard information collected when you visit LiveWellPEI.ca includes the following:
- Internet Protocol (IP) addresses of the computer used to access our site
- operating systems and the types and versions of browsers used to access our site
- internet service providers used by visitors to our site
- dates and times users access our sites
- pages visited
- keywords users enter in our search engine
- names and sizes of files requested
The Government (Live Well PEI) cannot personally identify you from any of the above information.
Security practices of government are continually evolving to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information and systems. Government uses up-to-date security safeguards to protect its networks and websites from misuse, alteration, copying, disclosure, destruction, monitoring or unauthorized sharing of information and damage. These safeguards include the use of security software and encryption protocols, physical and technical controls and procedures to protect information behind the government firewall.
The computer systems of the Government of PEI use hardware and software to monitor unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on our websites, disrupt service, or otherwise cause damage. As a general practice, the Government of PEI does not attempt to link this information with the identity of individuals visiting our sites. If an attempt to damage the site is detected, we may take further actions.
This Privacy Statement applies only to the LiveWellPEI.ca website and does not apply to Linked Sites. LiveWellPEI.ca website provides links to other websites and resources. In most cases, links to other websites will open in a new browser window. Please note that you are clicking to another website and content and privacy standards therefore are not under the control of the Government of PEI. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these linked sites as their policies may differ from those of LiveWellPEI.ca and the Government of PEI.
For questions about privacy contact:
Access and Privacy Services Office
For questions about security of information contact:
Information Technology Shared Services